Monday, January 18, 2010

To Trust The Hand That Guides...

To Trust The Hand That Guides...

I really felt like posting a new one today.... but couldn't find the right words. So I checked out one of my old blogs and found this, and it works out fine. This one was done around the New Year as well, and of course.... seems I haven't been following my own advise again. Seems I've been getting real good at trusting myself and not God lately, and as usual it leaves me in a mess. I guess I'll renew the following New Years resolution.... Pray I get it right this time.



Psalm 32:8

The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your Life. I will advise you and watch over you.

Why do we have such a hard time allowing God to guide our lives along the best pathway for us? Well THIS is a question I am asking myself this moment. Why do I keep trying to live my life the way I want to live my life, even knowing that everytime I do this it only leads to disaster? I'm sure some of you who may read this may find yourselves asking the same question. Would it not be better to allow God to take us by the hand and lead us to where HE wants us to be? Sure, some of you may say if God is going to lead us, He is going to just do that! He'll take our hand and lead us whether we know it or not! No....I don't think so. You see, we have been given a free will. We tend to forget that sometimes I think. My best guess is we have to be WILLING to allow Him to lead us. He may extend his hand to us.....but we have to take that hand. We have to grasp His with our own! And yet I seem to have a hard time doing this myself. I know I should just trust in The Lord enough to let HIM lead ME. And this is how a relationship with Him should be! Many times I have had friends of mine come up to me and ask my advise on relationships with thier boyfriend or girlfriend or husband or wife. Many times they are having an issue involving trust whereas they dont trust thier significant other or the significant other doesn't trust them. This could involve many things and I always tell them the same thing. And I truly believe this to be true......YOU CAN NOT HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITHOUT TRUST! Uh oh.....that's just it isn't it? I haven't been trusting enough in the Lord to allow Him to lead me. I have NOT been following my very own advice in the most important relationship of all! A relationship with my Lord Jesus Christ! Oh my......that's not good at all. Anyone else having this problem? Well here we are going into a new year....and in doing so a chance to start things anew in all parts of life, especially our walk with God. And so as my New Years resolution I intend to reach out my hand, and take the hand of my Savior, and trustingly allow Him to guide me. I hope you all do the same.

God Bless you all, and Happy New Year!
3:11 AM
1 Co

No comments:

Post a Comment