Monday, May 10, 2010

Heavy Heart, Blessed Hope

You told us you would soon return...
Why Lord do you tarry?
It seems this world on fire burns
In it's ashes we are buried.

Dark clouds loom on the horizon...
What message do they carry?
Are wars and famines coming soon?
Have we no time to tarry?

My heart is heavy with such news...
If we near these end of days,
To think that I shall surely go,
As others surely here shall stay.

Yet truly I and others wait...
Upon a timing God's alone,
We wait upon our Blessed Hope
To finally bring us home.

When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed; this must take place, but the end is still to come. 8 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom; there will be earthquakes in various places; there will be famines. This is but the beginning of the birth pangs."
Mark 13:7-8

"Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
Revelation 22:12-13

No comments:

Post a Comment